Saturday, June 8, 2013

High hopes

I have high hopes for the rest of June.  The first week was rough - 3 twelve hour shifts in a row this past week, but I got a 3 day weekend to relax, cook, and completely shut myself off from the world.  It's been pretty great.

Here's some things I've been doing...

Campfire last weekend with a friend I haven't seen for months.  It was refreshing.  

The farmers market now has a juice stand.  Wasn't bad....don't think I could drink if every day.  It DOES reaffirm my thoughts that I should start adding mint to everything.  

Spinach balls with pesto sauce.  Absolutely amazing.  I wasn't that impressed with the pesto, but the  spinach  balls were AWESOME.  

Strawberry rhubarb butter.  Work people also thought it was delicious, which is a feat in & of itself.  

Chickpea wraps. I, of course, made with extra pickles.  

One of the best things I've made to date....bacon jam.  I can't even begin to describe it.  It's a lot of work for not a lot of output, but it's still amazing.  

Walk like you have three men walking behind you.
~Oscar de la Renta

No comments:

Post a Comment