Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday round-up

This is what happens when I wake up early with a boatload of motivation....

It was a beautiful day.  Atticus did this for most of it.  (Hes that blonde-ish blur in the background).

New shoes were delivered!!  (Online clearance shoe-shopping is my new 3am activity.)

Could you tell I was in a turquoise mood when ordering shoes?

My friend Jayme is leaving for 6 months to go to physical therapy school in Texas.  We had a going-away dinner for her tonight.  I made this for her - a reusable coffee sleeve.

And this card. :)

A dark and blurry picture of me and Jayme.  Not taken tonight...its just the only one I have to post. 

My most exciting thing I made today.  This is what I started with:  a tea-towel from 1979.  My mom is awesome and finding these at yard-sales.  I have a stack of them.  This one was originally on a hanger type thing - I cut that off and washed the towel - hence the fringes at the top. 


The final product!!  Yes, its another purse.  And probably the world's worst picture of it.  Its not really that wonky in real life, I just couldn't figure out how to take a good picture.  The handles are dark brown vinyl that I picked up from the remnant bin yesterday at Joanns.  (Thanks mom!)  The button is an antique from my button collection (Thanks again mom!).  I got a lot of compliments on it tonight.  I should take more pictures and post the back (it has the kitten on it) and the insides.  And maybe just a general picture where its not hanging sideways.

If you give what can be taken, you are not really giving. Take what you are given, not what you want to be given. Give what cannot be taken. ~ Idries Shah

1 comment:

  1. A-h-h . . . there it is . . . I can see the 16th. What a nifty, clever, stupendous idea. People are happy to get 25 cents for them (and then new ones, lying around in drawers until they finally clean out.) I think it would be a great niche market. I love it!!!! Oh, I love the shoes too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete