Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vegas: re-capped

Here's a little picture tour of my vacation...

The day we left.....a typical rainy WA day


Me and Katie - as seen in a mirror near Caesar's Palace

The view from our room (we stayed at the Excaliber)

View from my chair by the pool.  I committed a beginners mistake and did not use any sunblock, just knowing that I've always tanned easily.  *shakes head*  I got an extremely painful sunburn that I still am taking care of.  Yikes.

Rainbow in the watershow at the MGM Grand

Several casinos

The strip during the day

And at night

The picture that speaks 1000 words....this is Katie taking a picture of some girls.  Notice the difference in clothing.  Katie and I dressed fairly practical the whole time:  jeans and sweatshirts.  The girls dressed like 75% of Vegas:  what had to be uncomfortable glitz.  I'm glad I'm old enough to be practical. 

We did a lot of window shopping.  There's store a-plenty, of course.  I think you could literally buy anything on the strip.  This clothing store had TONS of antique sewing machines in the front of the store.  It was cool.

Up close and personal with one of the sewing machines

Katie taking pictures

Part of the spring themed flower displays....I forget which casino

Same place - overhead butterflies

And the balloons.  I was having fun with my Retro-cam

A cafe we ate at.  The service sucked but they served pickles along with our drinks!!!!
























I think thats all I've got! 

Had lots of fun, stayed way under budget (yay for me), and even bought myself some clothing at Urban Outfitters. 

I am glad to be back though...after awhile the crowds and the lights and the constant noise drive you crazy. 

Still enjoying the rest of my vacation though....have 4 more days to myself!

Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend. ~ Plautus

1 comment: