Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Another round of birthdays and an update

My coffee finally kicked in about 5 minutes ago, so I can write without totally coming across like Eeoyre.  I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday while being up for 24 hours so I was in actual physical pain when I went to bed this morning.  And woke up this evening.  I could probably also tribute that to Pilates, but while I have a scapegoat, we'll just use work as my excuse. 

I did have an evening at the gym scheduled with a friend tonight but I had to cancel due to the overtime.  I'm bummed about not getting in my endorphin rush and spending time catching up with her, but I'm enjoying my time at home with Atticus.  I think he misses me when I'm gone all the time.  Maybe. 

Anyways, a quick life update:  I'm looking for a rental house to move into.  Although yes, this is the time to BUY a house, just thinking about doing that by myself in this area and this day gives me an anxiety attack, so for the time being at least I'm sticking with rentals. 

I thought I had very few demands.  I'm not picky about space or number of bathrooms.  I want to live in a certain area, with a certain rent, and a yard (it doesn't even have to be fenced!) for Atticus.  Apparently the combo of those 3 things is either rare, or a hot commodity.  If I hear "that was rented just yesterday" from one more property manager I might knock my head against the wall.  I keep getting my hopes up about really cool sounding places only to be knocked down a couple pegs when I hear they're no longer available.  Case in point:  I saw a for rent sign by the side of the road on Sunday.  Called yesterday (Tuesday.  No, I have no excuse why I waited so long).  Received a callback while at the gym so I didn't hear my phone.  I was busy all night so I didn't get a chance to call back.  Overtime this morning so by the time I got home I was too tired to call.  Called the guy back this evening, and as he told me all about it I got super excited how perfect it sounded.  Then he said..."I have one interested person who is handing their application in tomorrow".  *sigh*   Is it wrong to hope they have horrible credit or bad rental history?  Or will Karma get me for that one?  I should hear by Friday whether their application was accepted or not. 

So, thats whats going on with me.  Its a frustrating and anxiety ridden process.  Do I start to pack things just hoping I get a house before December?  Do I spend the $40 application fee at all the local property management places and take the hit to my credit (apparently having your credit run multiple times in a short amount of time is negative) and to my bank account?  Sometimes being an adult has its drawbacks. 

Anyways, now that I updated you, here's some photos!

My sister Michelle's birthday was 2 1/2 months ago.  Yup, just now sending that out.  Anyways, she suggested wine glass markers, which was a fun suggestion and a fun thing to experiment with.  They weren't perfect (the wire I used was too pliable), but I think they turned out kinda cool!

I used a mixture of glass beads and homemade clay beads...


Here they are all together.  I think they look neat. 


My niece Sarah's birthday was 2 months ago.  She requested a banner like I made her brother in January. 


I used a reverse applique process for the letters, and through a creative mistake, I had to stick them in the dryer, where they fuzzed up a little.  I think it gave them a cute look.


Because I sent their presents together, I also whipped up a couple of rings in various sizes (although to be honest I really guessed at the smaller sizes - I have no idea how big kids fingers are)...


An up-close and personal look at a couple (I think they look cooler up-close)...


Happy Birthday Michelle and Sarah!!!!!  (Sorry I forgot to put cards in the box!)

While I was uploading pictures, I thought I'd upload a picture of my latest creation (I should say "creation") - me, the non vegetable eater, was drawn in by farm fresh vegetables so I ended up making a vegetable mix (and had to call my mom on vacation to ask her how to season it and bake it)....

A mix of acorn squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, gold potatoes, some weird kind of purple potato, and red potatoes. 


Looks good enough to eat!!!

Well, if you'd a'took to me like
a gull takes to the wind
well I'd a'jumped from my tree
and I'd a'danced like the king of the eyesores
and the rest of our lives would a'fared well.
~ The Shins

1 comment:

  1. The veggies look so good!!!!! Hope they turned out well. The gifts are amazing. Everything I saw while on vacation, I said, Alicia can make that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete