Wednesday, December 14, 2011

O Christmas Sun

We've been having fairly beautiful weather for the PNW.  In the 30's or 40s every day and not raining.  Not necessarily sunny, but NOT RAINY. 

Atticus has been exploring every corner of the yard and often doesn't want to come inside when its time.

I took these 2 days ago from the kitchen window without his permission...



Last night Atticus gave me a good scare...I had left him outside while I took my shower and got ready to go out and when I called for him, he didn't come inside.  I went to look for him and saw that the roofer who had been here just hours before never closed and locked the gate (like he found it!!!!!) after he left.  So, Atticus was in the great unknown - new neighborhood, new street, new smells, etc and had been gone for at least 20 minutes.  Pretty much fighting back panic, I stood in the front yard and whistled, and heard him in my neighbors yard - he found his way in but couldn't find his way out.  Long story short, I rescued him and in the process met my super nice neighbors on the left side of me.  So very thankful #1 - for my neighbors, and #2 - that I guess Atticus is old enough and wise enough and maybe I taught him well enough to not wander too far. 

Whew.

Now I need to get seriously sewing - went on a shopping spree at Joanns yesterday - before I spend the night at the gym tonight.  Well, not the night, but a serious part of my evening. 

No matter how carefully you stored the lights last year, they will be snarled again this Christmas.
~ Robert Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment