Saturday, December 31, 2011

Vacation

I don't like to post pictures of my nieces and nephews faces on here, so the following is just little bits and pieces of my vacation, in pictures...


Walking with my Bro-in-law and nephew to pick up my niece from school

With my brothers and sisters in law enjoying a local donut shop

Putting together a puzzle of my brothers face

Endorsing a glue stick at my niece's preschool

My brother eating a cricket

Central Market

My fried food extravaganza at market...it includes fried pickles!!!!

Salvation Army waiting line on half price day.  Ridiculous.

My kit from US Airways for inconviencing me...the "Apology card - Made in China" made me laugh.

Some crafty things I made....a superhero set for my my nephew

A skirt for my niece...using this super easy pattern

A travel art case for my niece that I pieced together after looking at multitudes of ideas and tutorials online. 

The art case opened up in 3 sections...a zipper pocket, a pencil pocket, and a paper pocket.

Probably my favorite picture from my whole vacation...my nephew demonstrating his super hero set.
I read a blog post today that explains my vacationing perfectly.  Read it if you want some insight. 

Trying to put some plans together with friends for tonight.  Hoping it will be a relaxing evening at someone's home (preferably mine!!!!)

Back to work in 3 days.  Oi.  Don't think I'm ready yet.

The family - that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.
~ Dodie Smith

1 comment:

  1. I think we all feel that way about home!
    And yes, it was fun and yes, the kids loved seeing you!
    And yes, the superhero costume is still a hit!

    ReplyDelete