Saturday, February 4, 2012

The rest of the weekend

The rest of my weekend...

Went to a birthday party for a 2 year old.  Answered the age old question...what do you get for a 2 year old boy? 

Answer:  make him a monster pillow!!


Made of left-over fleece, a pillow I had on hand for another project I haven't gotten to yet, and my first foray into Heat n Bond (which I also had on hand).  So, technically, this cost me nothing.

Neither did the wrap job....I took 2 brand new pieces of moving wrapping paper, double folded the ends, sewed them, then painted a happy birthday message.

Yes...the boy's name is Echo.  Don't ask.

The backside - double folded and double sewed ends.
Somehow I always end up food shopping right before a big day...Thanksgiving, New Years, etc.  Today was no different.  I forgot tomorrow was the Superbowl.  Oh well...I stocked up on some veggies and other standard things I've been needing.

Kitchen genius was in full swing tonight (thanks to online recipes!)

Zucchini fritters.   Seriously heavenly.  They're so simple to make too...and no weird ingredients.  I don't know why they're so delicious.


Ground turkey and cheese meatballs.  The recipe calls for ground chicken, but I had ground turkey.  Still pretty good.


Oh yeah, and I thought I'd whip up some quick veggies while I was frying the fritters. No, mom, your eyes do not deceive you.  I bought brussel sprouts. 

Brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and garlic.....


Oh, and I signed up to be a zombie volunteer. 

Getting a late start to my bedtime...I should have been dreaming already!!!

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
~ Arnold H. Glasow

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! And love the monster pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monster pillow reminds me of the "ugly" dolls - there's a market I'm sure for monster pillows. Let me know when it's on Etsy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete