Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas stress...???

I'm at one of those annoying crossroads - where I feel I have so much to do, but when I put it down on paper it looks manageable, but then when I go to actually accomplish said things, I can't seem to get anything done.

That's how my Christmas to-do list is going.  That's how my entire 4 day weekend went.

I apologize beforehand if everyone gets IOUs instead of presents.  Or mugs from my workplace.  Cause I'm determined that will be my last resort.  Even if the mugs are pretty cool.

I'm vacillating between doing a lot, or doing a little, saying "I'll get it done", and "I'll never get it all done!!!!"

It doesn't help that my next 3 days at work are 12 hour shifts, and I'm pretty sure I probably can't count on getting ANYTHING done during that time.  And since my 4 days off I just had I got very little done, I shouldn't count on my 3 days off before I leave to get anything done either, especially when that time includes packing, packing for my dog, cleaning, and making last minute calls and stops and plans.

Oi.

I came home from work today with the full intentions of falling right to sleep as I have to be up in 8 hours from the time I walked in the door, but here it is, 90 minutes later and I'm still on the computer.  My phone evilly tells me I have 6 hours and 37 minutes til my alarm goes off.  *sigh*

Here's a food picture round-up from recent days....

Pumpkin cream-cheese muffins.  Pretty sure I didn't show you these yet.  Fattening and delicious.

Ham sandwiches made from pumpkin cheddar scones.  Too delicious to even describe. 

Butternut squash donuts.  I unveganized the recipe and baked instead of fried.  Also skipped the glaze because they're that good by themselves.

Totally not food...a Christmas present.  I just think they look pretty.....

So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes, yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully, if only you were interested in them.
~ Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment