Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Some minor musings

Do you ever wander what motivates people?  I took a training a long time ago about what motivates people to work:  it usually falls into several categories - the need to be needed, the need for money, the need for time off, the need for power.

But what motivates people in life?  The same things I guess.  What motivates people to be so mean and nasty to one another?  Again, I think it's the same things.  I know people are not so simple, but when I am looking for answers, a simple response like this is the best.  I just need to remember that what motivates me is not what motivates someone else, and to stop looking for the "why".  But after that, what do I do?  Do I just let people continue with their mean and nasty actions, who are being spurred on by selfish motivations?  Do I let it roll off my back and essentially ignore it?  Do I fight back?  Do I hope that Karma will rear her lovely head and take over?  I'm not sure what to do.  I just don't like sitting back and watching one person tear another down.  I alternate between sadness, and sickness, and rage. 

And as always, without these helpless and lost feelings, the good times, and the happiness, would not shine so brightly. 

It's a trade-off, really.  Maybe?  Are the hard times worth it so the good times will seem that much sweeter?  I wish I knew. 

Our recent emergency vet stop.
I want to say it will all be worth it.  One year from now, we will look back and breathe a sigh of relief that this trouble is no longer in our lives.  I wish I wish I wish I could find some solace in that.  Right now, it's pretty darn hard.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.
~ Charles M. Schulz

No comments:

Post a Comment