Monday, January 27, 2014

Well, hello, end of January

Obviously blogging hasn't been on my mind too much as this is only my second post for January.  New year does not mean more blogging.  Apparently in 2014 it means less.

This can only mean good things though, I think.  I'm keeping busy.  Trying to remain positive.  Keeping busy.

I have a super cool re-do project in the works.  I hope it turns out.  I'm just having trouble finding time to finish it.  Plus, this is the first time I'm re-painting metal, and so I want to make sure I do it right. 

Work is work.  7 OT shifts in 12 work shifts in the last 2/upcoming week.  My goal for this year is to remain positive at work and not let the little things bug me.  I know that doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it is...especially when I spend entire 12 hour shifts with people I can barely tolerate. 


Jonathan and I have been cooking a bunch, crossing off recipes to try on my pinterest board, and making stuff from cook books.  I haven't been taking a ton of pictures lately (my phone is on it's last leg - using it for anything but texting drains the battery a lot), but here's some links:

Mustard crusted pork chops
Stuffed sweet potatoes
Soft Pretzels
Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies

Atticus and I got to see horses being shod for the first time! 


 
 
 
We've had super mild weather all of January so far.  Very rare. I think I heard we're 3/4 behind our normal rainfall.  It gets pretty warm during the day (50's), but cold at night, and the roadways get kinda icy.  I've seen some people already have green poking through the ground in their gardens - even the flowers are confused. 
 
 

I hope the end of January finds you all warm and happy.

Be helpful.  When you see a person without a smile, give them yours.
~Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment