Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful (10)

This week I've had nothing to be but thankful as I experienced the comraderie of my neighbors, the joy of making new friends, and the caring and protection of older friends. 

It was a long week in terms of work (my first 13 hour shift since working a shooting in February), a horrible winter storm, losing power for several days, and basically trying to keep everything together while wearing 3 layers of underpants. 

I was constantly amazed at how strangers came together to help one another, and how friends knew what I needed without me having to ask. 

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day and continue to be thankful for all the things, both good and bad, in your lives.

"For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. I have been immensely enjoying these "thankful" posts. Thankfulness begets thankfulness. It's a wonderful exercise of the mind and soul. From the "thank you" from a child that isn't parent prompted I give thanks to the blessings I'm privileged to enjoy just by being an American to the thanks to God for who He is, His daily provision, His incomparable promises . . . !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete