Today I'm thankful for sewing therapy. I indulge in it as often as I possibly can.
Here is my first Barbie dress, (that I didn't have to throw away in a fit of exasperation), taken from this pattern:
Ignore Barbie's head, who is hanging on at a weird angle.
It took a bit to catch on to the fact that the Barbie in the pattern I was following and the Barbie I was using as a model were differently-endowed....after that I was able to adjust some measurements and things went more smoothly.
Barbie has creepy eyes in that last picture.
So there's a preview of some of the Barbie stuff I made last night! Right now she has 4 dresses, all about the same type of style. Now that I have an idea of what I'm doing, I'll branch out to skirts and shirts and hopefully can then cross one Christmas project off my list!
"Don't wanna see you no more...
You showed me nothing but hate
You ran me into the ground,
But what comes around goes around..."
~ Eminem
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh, my, goodness.... can't wait to see them in person. what a treat for some lucky little girl!
ReplyDeleteWOWZERS! Although I feel bad that there were some fits of exasperation! I get upset just trying to get them dressed!
ReplyDeleteCould be another niche market. They look so beautiful.
ReplyDelete