Friday, October 19, 2012

This week and last

I'm back to training at work, which translates to a high amount of stress.  Also, no free time while I'm there.  This training case has been particularly difficult because its not only a skill training, but an attitude training as well.  I've been getting tension headaches every day.  Add that to my regular amount of work stress and duties and the past two weeks have been pretty overwhelming.

I got a compliment from someone though, who said my shift is the most enjoyable one to be on, and he accredited me for that.  I would like to think its the people I have on my shift and the fact that they're amenable to any suggestions I have to make work more bearable...

The most amazing cake my coworker made for firefighter theme potluck day.  The flames were made of melted red-hots and butterscotch candies.  

Another coworker did these fondant decorated cupcakes for our police officer themed potluck.  So amazing.

I, of course, made butternut squash pancakes among all the papers.  They were actually a big hit.

And a long story, but I convinced the girl in mint green to participate in skirt day.  She hasn't worn a skirt since high school.  I hate wearing skirts but have been wearing them to work every once in awhile for something different to do.  

I conducted an extra day of drills for everybody, which was yesterday.  That was my most recent primary extra stress.  Now that is over I feel I can go back to regular stress.

So when I wasn't working, or working overtime these past two weeks, it was actually pretty quiet.  I stuck to a schedule of gym classes, and a day of fall fun with some friends.

The weather has been either rainy or super cold (no clouds = cold, clouds = warm and rainy).  I mowed my yard for what is hopefully the last time this year.

I now have blown insulation in my ceiling (and hopefully my walls?  I forgot to double check that with my landlord).

Planning on going to a Sounders game this week, and have a Halloween party at my place next week.  Now that my primary stress is gone, I think I can deal.  And have some more fall fun!

i shall imagine life
is not worth dying,if
(and when)roses complain
their beauties are in vain

but though mankind persuades
itself that every weed's
a rose,roses(you feel
certain)will only smile

~ e.e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment