Wednesday, April 3, 2013

65 extra pounds

This post comes to you from a 1-handed typer as I have an entire load of Atticus laying on my lap and demanding immediate attention.  Makes me wonder what's going through his head.  He totally skipped over running after the tennis ball and went straight for the lap. Hopefully it's cause I spoiled him with attention this past weekend, not something else...

Anyways, here's a pictorial of the latest happenings...

We had a beautiful Easter weekend.  I mowed my backyard on Sunday, took a nap in the sun...

....fired up the backyard firepit...

...and had another small Boggle tournament.  I won.  

My seedlings are growing!

Food roundup....cauliflower fried rice.  No, it doesn't taste EXACTLY like rice as the post says, but it's pretty close.  Pretty delicious.

I want to say these are black bean pumpkin patties, but since I substituted almost everything in the recipe, I can't.  They're more like "another version of a bean burger, this time using pumpkin".  I used white kidney beans instead of black beans, purple rice instead of brown rice, season-all instead of the list of spices, used rolled oats instead of panko, and cut down the scallions to 1 instead of 3.  So, its almost like it's my own recipe....

"Green" themed potluck at work tonight.  Top down:  spinach artichoke dip, zucchini whoopie  pies, and chicken pesto something or other.  Two days worth of calories in one meal, and all of it absolutely yumm-o.  The zucchini whoopie pies were a huge hit, and they are all gone now (luckily - otherwise I would eat the rest).  

I have 2 weeks until I have a 5 day weekend in which I'm going to visit a friend in Utah.  I can't tell you how excited I am.  It can't come soon enough, as I realize I'm nearing the burn-out stage at work.

I love sleep.  My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.
~ Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment