I'm almost officially on burnout from work. I work too much overtime (if these *&^$%@# people would stop calling out sick!), and I have a big project (or 2...or 3...) on my plate. I saw a picture of me a coworker took of the back of me, which was enough to make me want to stop eating for about a month. I had a 1 day weekend in which I got nothing done because I literally just didn't want to do anything. At all. I accidentally hit a crow with my car yesterday. It flew into my path, I didn't aim for it at all.
But then there's good things too. I hate when people say they "had a good workout", because it sounds so dumb. Really really dumb. But I know what they mean, and at the risk of sounding really really dumb, I had 2 great workouts yesterday and today. I left the gym feeling motivated. My boss bought me a present...incredibly geeky, but incredibly thoughtful. I've done some creative things that have happened to work out well. I got my oil changed this afternoon, and they tested out my radiator (I thought it might be leaking), and it wasn't. Good stuff. And...after 3 more workdays, I have 5 days off. I will be volunteering Saturday morning with WalkMS, and then Saturday evening will be flying to see my friend, Ashley, in Utah.
In other news, my new favorite addition to my Hulu queue is Downton Abbey. Never thought I'd say that.
![]() |
| My new at home radio. So I can ham it up at home (this was my present). |
![]() |
| Seed markers made of twigs and stamped letters. These were my contribution towards my work's auction basket for the fallen officers fund. |
![]() |
| And as always, my number one guy. He'll be turning 8 soon. |
You have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
~ Margaret Thatcher





Those bars look delicious!
ReplyDeleteThe seed markers are really cool and creative.
What a neat picture of Atticus!