Monday, May 13, 2013

Raise your hand if you believe in karma....

I know I talk about karma a lot.  And not necessarily the middle-eastern religious view of karma.  I truly believe that what goes around comes around.  We receive what we put into anything.  It's very very simple.  Many times I think I would feel quite hopeless if I didn't believe in the power of karma; the nature of life giving back.

Perhaps this is why I like Carl Hiaasen so much.  All of his books come full circle, and the prologue is always a wrap-up of his characters, and karma ALWAYS rules.  The good guy might not win, but the bad guy definitely loses.

When I recently was about to board my plane in Las Vegas, a group of 4 did the whole stand-beside-me-even-though-I-was-here-first-and-eventually-bully-their-way-in-front-of-me-thing.  To be honest, I don't mind.  I wait til the very last minute to get on the plane.  But that's another story.  Anyways, I had a problem with their rudeness and their inability to wait for ONE PERSON to go in front of them.  Oblivious.  Anyways, we step on the plane and they are half horsing around, half trying to get in their seats, and of the group accidentally knocks the drink out of the hand of another person in the group...spilling soda all over them and the floor.  I felt vindicated.

Last week I worked two 12 hour shifts, then was forced into another 12 hour shift when a coworker called in "sick" (insert heavy dose of sarcasm here).  Yesterday, this same coworker was forced to work an overtime shift when someone else called in sick, even though she already had two 12 hour shifts on the books for the week.  I tried hard not to gloat in satisfaction.  Yes, karma, thank you.

Now, I don't wish "karma" on people, and I try not to dwell on it (negative begets negative, after all), but it is still nice to be vindicated in such a manner.

Okay, rant over.  For now.

It's been rainy off and on today, which is great because that means I don't have to drag a hose around the house to the various gardens that need watered.  Also, I went to the gym without the guilt dragging me down that I need to mow the lawn or pull weeds or something.  Poor Atticus though....he doesn't like the rain as it detracts from his daily plan of napping in the sun.

Don't have anything new picture wise,  but here's one I took last week of my lemon seeds - they're growing!!!!



"We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch.  Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
~ E E Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment