Thursday, May 9, 2013

Remaining positive when all you want to do is punch someone

That someone being my coworker who called in sick, forcing me into my 3rd 12 hour shift this week and making me miss the farmers market today.

But it's over and done, tonight is my Friday, I have dinner cooked and ready to be packed, my smoothie made and sitting in the fridge (they have turned into my rewards for going to work this week), and I had 8 hours of sleep.

This week was busy in terms of everything:  yard work, cooking, buying a new coffee pot (I broke the carafe of my old one), working, gym going (I finally fit in some classes!), working, etc.

Last night at work my coworker and I had a potluck, "iris" themed.  We made purple smoothies (the definition color of iris), blueberry carrot salad (blueberry for color, carrot for eye health), and stuffed brussel sprouts (they looked like eyeballs to me.)  It was a varied and delicious meal.  I never would have thought to put blueberries and carrots together, but with a little lemon/oil dressing, it was really good!


This past week I also found out that the 'one ingredient banana ice cream' was not full of crap, and instead, mega-delicious. All you have to do is take frozen banana slices and put them in your food processor til the consistency turns to ice cream.  Didn't take too long.  I added a scoop of raw peanut butter for more flavor. Y-U-M.


I tackled my side yard this week - last year I spent a lot of time cleaning out the flower beds of weeds, laying down newspaper to prevent more weeds (thats an old wives tale or I did it wrong...see below pic), and planting 4 types of lavender.  Well, neglect turned it into this again:

Ugh.

Two hours, and two rootbeer popsicles later, it turned into this:

I found only 2 of my 4 lavender plants.  not so bad...

Atticus has also been loving this gorgeous weather this week, and even hung out with me while I weeded.


So, I guess in the end, to remain positive, just forget work, believe in the nature and order of Karma, and spend time doing things you love to do.

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.
~ Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment