So, I don't like #1 girl singers or #2 popular music, but this song is an exception. I don't know why, but I like it. So listen if you want, while I post some pictures from vacation.
I spent the weekend with my friend, Sarah, in Austin, TX.
 |
| In the sidewalk outside a restaurant. |
Sarah and I spent the weekend sans family. Our first stop was a wildflower center. Huge disappointment. The best part was the swings.
 |
| This was the only flower I saw. |
 |
| That night we went to a piano bar. Songs were up to $100 a pop. Ridiculous. |
We didn't realize it beforehand, but we went to the piano bar in the entertainment district of Austin, and at night during the weekends, the police blockade off the entire section of the entertainment district for nightly partying. I wish I could describe the atmosphere....it was incredible: huge crowds of people wandering the open blocks, stopping in bars, talking, eating. It was awesome.
There were also some characters in the crowds, catering to tourists like me..... I couldn't resist a picture. And yes, I totally put money in his underwear.
The next day we had an enlightening day in Austin, visiting first the state capital building (site of a recent popular filibuster!):
Texans love their lone star, and you saw it EVERYWHERE.
 |
| Just in case you didn't know where you were. |
After that we went to one of the art museums:
 |
| Part of a large art piece. These were all animal bones. |
 |
| Heh heh. I want to make him my profile picture. |
 |
| View of Austin from Ladybird Lake. |
That night we went on a boat tour to see the Congress St bats: the largest urban colony of bats in the world. You can see all the people on the bridge waiting...
 |
| It sounds kinda gross to see a million bats at once, but it was really very awesome. |
 |
| Bats heading into the sunset. |
Next stop...Pennsylvania. These are in no particular order. Also, I omitted any photos with kid faces.
 |
| My brother and I rocking our Sevenly tshirts. |
 |
| Emily playing with both dinos and Polly Pockets. They were living in harmony. |
 |
| First day of school for Andrew and Sarah. 5 out of 6 adults using their cell phones. |
 |
| Emily wouldn't have her first day til 2 days later. |
 |
| Dinner with an Amish family. The (hard to see) rainbow tells you you're in the right place. |
 |
| My nieces and nephews are all beautiful and full of energy. |
 |
| A day at the amusement park! |
 |
| Heh heh. Sorry, Eden. I couldn't help it. |
 |
| Some kiddie rides only allowed adults on certain places. Jonathan trying to balance on a reindeer. |
 |
| Swings! |
 |
| Shaylah and Eliana on a roller coaster (very back row). |
 |
| Yeah I went on that. Not my favorite. |
 |
| Kiddos at the end of the day...before the downpour. |
 |
| Impromptu "football" game at my sister's house. |
 |
| Eliana's rendition of me in chalk. |
 |
| I convinced my mom to eat fried pickles. |
 |
| My friend Erin visited from Philly and knitted me a birthday present. |
 |
| Crab feed! |
 |
| Andre practicing his baton skills. |
 |
| Mrs Pickles. |
 |
| First day of school for Eliana! |
 |
| I'm really glad I don't have to re-do elementary school. Or any type of school for that matter. |
 |
| And as always, the end of vacation. Atticus and I were happy to see each other. |
The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
~E. Kubler-Ross
you are a beautiful person.
ReplyDelete