Sunday, September 1, 2013

Last day of vacation

My last day of vacation was yesterday.  I tried to make the most out of it.  After a morning at the gym and the farmers market, a couple of us hit up the Bremerton Blackberry Festival:

"wine tasting" at 25 cents a pop.
The place was so crowded though, we opted to take advantage of our adult status and hung out in the beer garden and talked for about 3 hours.

Afterwards, my friend Ben and I hit up a tapas lounge:

Goat cheese stuffed bacon-wrapped dates.  I'm trying to figure out how I can replicate them.  
Then a movie - the End of the World.  DON'T BOTHER.  Apparently we didn't read the movie summary well enough as we were left shaking our heads afterwards.  Silly movie.

Then some hard cider and fried pickles at a local restaurant, before we called it a day.

Unfortunately, I fell asleep in exhaustion about 11pm, waking up at 7am.  This will *NOT* help me return to the graveyard shift. Not at all.....

If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won.
~ Mumford & Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment