However....3 days of getting strange dogs' slobber in his fur + 3 days of dog-park dust + who knows when the last time I gave him a bath was = bath time.
Now, I don't know why I'm such a stickler about paying for things sometimes. I don't pay to get my hair or nails or eyebrows done (and yes, it usually shows). I don't pay for dog treats, for dog nail-trims, and if I ever get off my lazy butt and buy bone-meal, I won't be paying for dog food either.
And I don't pay for dog baths. I could pay $20 or $30 for someone else to hose him down. Considering how little I actually give him a bath, that wouldn't cut into my budget. There's also a natural foods petstore around here which provides pretty decent facilities for bathing one's dog. However, that comes with its own set of obstacles...and a $17 fee.
So, I do it myself. Atticus now knows the bath routine, and while he isn't completely willing to be locked in the bathroom with me for an hour, he no longer puts up a fight when I try to drag him in there. Its almost like he knows the sooner we start, the sooner he can leave.
But here's some proof as to why we don't do this more often...
| The bathroom floor carnage. What this picture doesn't show is a fine layer of condensation/water + dog hair all over the unprotected part of the floor. |
| Its spring. Atticus sheds like crazy. This is just a random sampling after being brushed. |
| A sampling of the bottom of my bathtub. I literally just cleaned it yesterday. *sigh* |
Hoping to have a busy day tomorrow with a bunch of people.
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. ~ Rita Rudner

No comments:
Post a Comment