Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The next morning

So I made it through yesterday....barely.  Towards the end of class I ended up standing up in the back and shifting my weight back and forth (in a socially acceptable way of course) just to stay awake.  It was pretty brutal.  I wanted to tell the instructors "its not your fault!", but didn't.  I'm hoping my ability to stay awake today will reassure them they are, in fact, doing a great job.

For those of you wondering, I'm attending an academy class that teachers me, a trainer, how to train.  It promises to be very interesting and very informative.  After my initial anxieties with getting lost etc all gone, I can now relax and learn. 

I opted to treat myself to a hotel rather than drive back and forth every day.  I'm very glad I made that decision.  Especially after yesterday.  After teaching the front desk lady how to add up my sales tax (!?!), I got to my room, reclined on my super comfy bed, turned on the TV, and promptly fell asleep for 45 minutes. 

I woke up at 4am this morning (what?!?!), answered all the texts I missed last night (the problem with being a night shifter, is thats when people try to get ahold of you....), and am relaxing for a bit before I have to start my day.  Add a very unappetizing cup of hotel-room-coffee-pot coffee to that, and that about sums up my morning.

I'm actually looking forward to the continental breakfast.  And to class day #2.  And to finding a Starbucks. 

My huge hotel room.  Blurry picture, sorry.

This doesn't even capture all the walking around space there is.  Seriously, HUGE.



















I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~ Winston Churchill

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully it won't be as sleepy today! You deserve to treat yourself to some relaxation!

    ReplyDelete