Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rubbing hips with the rich and green...

Today a friend and I went to Bainbridge Island to take advantage of all the island has to offer.  Bainbridge Island is the "in" place to be...full of wealthy elitests wearing birkenstocks and paying $20 for what costs $5 anywhere else.  But, the place is beautiful, clean, and full of unique things...

First stop...Bainbridge Organic Distillery...

Release day for their organic whiskey...sells out in one day, and one bottle allowed per person.  We got there an hour early to make sure we each got a bottle.  No, I'm not a whiskey person, I just wanted to get in on it....

I'm more of a vodka person.  Supposedly this stuff is so good it would be a crime to mix it with anything.  We'll see...

Lunch.  Yup...I drank part of mine.  And no, thats hard cider, not weak beer. 

We also stopped at the Bainbridge Farmers market, where I picked up some herbs to start my indoor herb garden...rosemary, thyme, varigated oregano, and chives...

mint...

And apple mint.  Hopefully my sunroom will smell delicious in a couple of days....

Atticus wisely stayed outside while I planted.

Yay!  Indoor garden!  (and outdoor crazy dog!).

2 hours til I meet another friend to watch the Sounders game (on TV, not going to the game....that is a goal though).  So I have 2 hours to figure out what to make with all the veggies in my fridge.

4 more days of work til my vacation.  I NEED IT!

The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.
~ WB Yeats

1 comment: