I just got back early this morning from the great land of Texas, where I visited my good friend Sarah (college roommate) and just took a couple days to relax. It was marvelous.
 |
| Sarah and me |
I also got to meet her three children....
 |
| Jayden, the oldest, is 5. He never stops talking. |
 |
| Abran, the middle child at 4, is the one who I could identify with most. He's a sensitive kid. |
 |
| And the baby, Gabriel, who is 2 (almost 3), and gets into everything. |
 |
| The boys did nothing but talk, get into everything possible, wrestle... |
 |
| And throw rocks whenever possible. |
I didn't have too many things on my agenda, so I basically just hung out with Sarah and her family, and did fun things with them...
 |
| Jayden and Abran's soccer game. I think the end score was like 47-0. |
 |
| Abran |
 |
| We went to an airshow. Pretty cool. |
 |
| With fireworks! I don't know why I love fireworks so much. Simple pleasures. |
 |
| We ate Texas food. Barbecued turkey and brisket. Mmmmm.... |
 |
| Oh yes, we drove to Austin so I could get a tattoo. |
 |
| We talked about the differences between WA, TX, and IL (where Sarah used to live). One thing is the tremendous amount of political signs EVERYWHERE. |
 |
| We went to Pedernales Falls State Park. Beautiful. Oppressively hot. |
 |
| In fact, it was in the 90's every day. |
 |
| It was nice. Yes, I sweated profusely every day, but I enjoyed the change in weather. I needed sun and heat. |
 |
| A lizard! Simple pleasures, right? |
 |
| Abran picked me a wildflower. |
 |
| Sarah and I went to Goodwill to pick up some plaid tshirts for "going out".... |
 |
| We went to Denim & Diamonds, which hilariously to me is right next to Harvest Church in the stripmall. The bar was everything I expected about Texas. Oh, and in order to get in I had to "join" the membership club. I expect I'll get a certificate in the mail this week. *shakes head* |
 |
| On the last day we went to a lake to cool down. This is the last 20 seconds of Gabriel and Abran completely dry. Soon after they both tripped and spent the rest of the afternoon in wet clothing. |
All in all, a good relaxing weekend! I have one day to adjust my body back to dayshift though....my 8 day workweek starts early tomorrow morning at 4am.
Oi.
"Jayden, go get Aunt Alicia a beer." ~ Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment