So, as I have in the past, I've realized that I need to start small. Work my way up. I'm afraid that I'll go back to work in 12 days (yes - I have 12 more days of vacation!) and be upset with myself for not getting anything done. So, I need to not only start small with my goals, but also realize that I'm never going to get everything done that I want to in the time period I give myself. At least not without successfully starting small.
Anyways, currently my goal is to have one accomplishment a day. Yesterday, that accomplishment was getting my to-do list done. My list was comprised of: #1 - Pick up Atticus from the kennel. #2 - Go to the gym. #3 - Buy groceries. #4 - Take a shower. #5 - Unpack.
Silly and simple. Those are things I would have done anyways, but I made finishing that list my accomplishment for the day.
Today my accomplishment was this:
![]() |
| Remind me to check on it in 4-6 months.... |
So, small. Simple. I can't really think beyond tomorrow either, because I will easily get overwhelmed. Start a new budget notebook! Make an appointment for my car!! Research my dental insurance!!! Make birthday presents!!!! Call the insurance about getting a new windshield!!!!! Send off for a new passport!!!!! ETC ETC ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....until I'm so overwhelmed I stop doing things altogether.
So, there you go. Finding motivation during unmotivated times.
Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different...
~ C.S. Lewis


Ok... we are really alike sometimes... I have so many of those nagging little things in my mind that I can't do any of them. I like the one accomplishment a day scenario, and the advice about starting small to exercise, and the CS Lewis quote. All so very true.
ReplyDeleteSo I can add "like mother like daughter(s)".
ReplyDelete