Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ending

My vacation is drawing to a close.  I have a training in Tacoma tomorrow (Friday), one more day off (Saturday), and then back to work on Sunday.  I think I'm ready to go back.  Get some routine back in my life.  It'll be a little while til that can happen though, as I have on week of dayshift, a short weekend, two days at Camp Murray (going for my HAM radio test!),one day off, a week of swingshift, a long weekend, and then I'm starting on the graveyard shift.

I'm pretty satisfied with my month long vacation.  I got a 2 week east coast trip in, I celebrated Christmas and New Years with my family, I got to see my brand new niece, hang out with my nieces and nephews, etc.

And while here, I started on my "year of accomplishments", already fixing things that have been on my to-do list for years.  My windshield is fixed (I made another appointment and had it fixed yesterday), Atticus is up-to-date on shots, I opened a new savings account, I started calorie counting (more on that one day), my hair is cut and donated, etc.

And I'm continuing with my gym-going, recipe making, dog hair-filled life.

My new favorite kind of sandwich - hummus & veggies.  

Oh yeah, and I made Pitas.  PITAS!!  Good filled with peanut butter or hummus and veggies.  Recipe from here.

Biggest fail ever.  Supposed to be a fudge dessert made with protein powder.  It was so horrible I gagged on the taste.  The only thing successful about this was that it succeeding in smoking up both my oven and my kitchen.  

More Hummus!!!  This time some edamame hummus from the veganstoner.  Well, edamame bean dip.  Good with chips or with vegetables.
Today I made three different kinds of veggies for my lunches this week - fried brussel sprouts, roasted potatoes with artichoke hearts, and I'm roasting butternut squash right now.

I had wanted to make some dog biscuits, but I've been in the kitchen all day and need a break.  Hopefully tomorrow evening.

So, thats about it.  I'm a little apprehensive about going back to work, but oh well.  Excited to go back to the graveyard shift.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on.
May your path be the sound
of your feet upon the ground.
Carry on.
~ Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment