Thursday, September 2, 2010

The big reveal

I just realized this is post 101.  I should have done something fancier for post 100.  Oh well, a post about Atticus and dog biscuits pretty much sums up my life most days. :)  Apparently other blogs do big giveaways and special things at milestones, but since I know and have met all my followers but one (Thanks for following me, Resweater!), its kind of weird to do something big.  However, since I just organized about 3 pounds of scrap fabric you're welcome to ask for the bits and pieces I like to call "too big to throw away but such a weird shape that I will probably never do anything with them". 

Anyways, that aside, I also should probably have lead up to this "big reveal" in a series of posts with snapshots and sneak peaks and something else.  Maybe a mention of one of my sponsors.  Oh wait, now I'm getting a little sarcastic.  I think I understand how the blog world works for the most part, but I"m here just to show a little bit about my life and what I'm up to and hey - if you like a project I did, I'll totally talk about it and tell you where I got the idea, and heck, even where I bought and what I paid for the fabric. 

I feel like I'm getting off track. 

Lets go back to the reveal.

First, a picture of the birthday card...just because I like it.


















The card combines thread-sketching and sewing fabric onto plain cardstock type cards.  I gave credit to those ideas in a previous post, so I'm not going to do it again.  I'm lazy.

My "S" is a little wonky, but its REALLY REALLY difficult to do curves on my sewing machine. 

Okay, now...

* drum roll *

Introducing....Sarah's birthday rag blanket !!!!


















Way cuter in real-life.  I realized when I was looking at the pictures I accidentally had lingerie in half the photos, so I was limited with what I could use.

Up close...


















While I'm basking in a "project well done" mode, lets take another look...

I'm not even going to mention the back that I messed up a little, or the fact that this is about 6 inches skinnier than originally intended because I cut something wrong.

And its on my bed sideways, because I have a king size bed and I wanted it all to show up.  So technically, the stripes are supposed to go horizontal across the bed, not like I have it.

It was totally worth the blister I now have on my thumb-pit.

Anyways, whew.  Getting to the post office will be my next challenge.  Actually, finding a box, the first challenge.  Post office, second.

Sorry to spoil the surprise for all of you, I just couldn't wait to show it off!

"Ignorance is NOT bliss when educated people are subjected to comments like YOURS." ~ Punkinhead, a KitsapSun commenter

3 comments:

  1. Breathtaking. Can't wait to see the up close project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it!!!!! Wish I had more words than WOW and AMAZING and WONDERFUL and ORIGINAL and . . . . .

    ReplyDelete