Monday, September 6, 2010

sometimes thinking of a title is the hardest thing

Its been a long week.  Mentally exhausting.  Its going to be more exhausting this week too.  I get to go to long beach again to dispatch though, for which I am very excited.  My very good friend Marka is going with me.  I'm pretty determined it will be better than last year. 

I've worked on some projects too. 

My friend Katie's birthday presents are done.  She's coming to visit me the end of this month (woohoo!!!!!!!!), and I wanted to make sure I was ready for her! 

(Katie, if you read this blog, LOOK AWAY NOW!!)

Totally fun and frilly apron.  Inspired by this post...

Of course, what would one of my aprons be, if not reversible?


This is what I'm most excited about though...

A lovely leather purse!!  Inspired by this creative lady, but modified because I dont have a leather punch or leather string and really didn't think I wanted to go that route anyway. 

I used sashiko thread instead. 

And Mom - look at that big button!!!!!!

Its so cute, I want to make one for me. :)

This is the inside...the black and white fabric is actually two cloth napkins that I've had for what feels like forever.  The purple fabric doesn't match it at all, but I needed something to tie in all the purple thread!

Ah yes, and here's Atticus, my unwilling bag-model...






















My brother Andre's present is just about done.  That literally took me almost all day.  Between laundry and his doofermajig...thats all I did today.  Oh yeah, and I broke my seam-ripper while compiling parts for his present.  How on earth does one do that?  Apparently I'm too aggressive with thread sometimes.

Thats about it. 

I really hate this new Blogger editor.  I think it should be easier to post pictures and words.  I mean, really?  How difficult is that?  Blargh.

"I had to order it because I wanted to say 'beaver' to a prisoner." ~ AJC

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed daily!!!!! These projects are absolutely wonderful, one-of-a-kind. We watched Julie and Julia - and I kept thinking of you with her blogging. Keep it up!!!! Wish I could see Katie's reaction!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete