Thursday, June 23, 2011

Atlas vs. Mutant

My life has been weird lately.  I joined the YMCA so I'm currently taking advantage of that membership as much as possible.  That means going to the gym 3-5 days a week.  No longer am I zumba'ing twice a week in a tiny little room with 20 other people, but I'm sweating in public with 100+ other people within shouting distance.  Zumba days I'm in a gym with 150 other people.  Yesterday I got a strength training survey so a computer could tell me which weight machines I should use.  Its weird.  I'm like one of those people whose life statuses read: "work, gym, dinner with the girls", "work, gym, shopping...." etc etc etc. 

Its almost like I'm turning into a mutant.  A semi-recognizable version of my former lazy self.

This morning at work, I got one of the highest compliments I could from my supervisor.  He told me that for the 3 hours I stayed over into day shift yesterday, I carried the entire shift by myself.  Despite having two coworkers there.  Nothing went wrong, even having a confusing call for service at a jurisdictional boundary.  He looked for something to contact us on (to improve our work performance), but could find nothing.

That comes at a good time, I think because I've been feeling blah at work. 

Oh yeah, and I got a certificate (woo!) for a project that took me a year to complete.  Its more than that, but its hard to explain.  So I'm just going to say I got a certificate. 

AND, in all the hullabaloo with the gym and being busy etc, I'm trying even harder to get Atticus to the park and out for walks.  I don't want him to feel left out. 

He got in the car the other day and this is his immediate position.  He knew good things were about to happen. 

















*deep breath*

Too bad I still can't fly.

Don't be yourself - be someone a little nicer. 
~ Mignon McLaughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment