Weather report: June 1st. 50 degrees and raining. If I see one more Facebook status that talks about needing air conditioning I might scream. To borrow from my friend Katie's Facebook status, she writes:
"Northface jacket, Keenes, sunglasses, windshield wipers on high, iced mocha in hand. Yep, it's June in Washington." Yep. Thats us.
But I digress.
This is what I've been working on lately....
 |
| Reusable coffee sleeves |
 |
| I gave them out to a bunch of friends. Grace chose this one - it has a big antique button and thread sketching of hearts on it. After her boyfriend saw it now he wants one. More manly, of course. |
 |
| Still my favorite thing to make. Stacks of cards. |
 |
| I gave a bunch of these out too. Since then I've been told of two local cafes that sell homemade goods and that I should try to sell my things there. I'm pondering it. |
 |
| Some of my favorite cards... |
 |
| You can tell this one is made of scraps - 8 to be exact. I like to look at them and see the different projects I've made: This one includes remnants from two Ninja turtle masks, a purse, a pillow for my niece, another purse, a laundry bin liner, and an apron. |
 |
| A blanket, an old tshirt, and a stash from when I went yard-saleing with my mom. |
 |
| My friend Sarah is thinking about re-entering the work place. I thought she would need a sophisticated purse (that doesn't have baby remnants inside of it). Its also an extremely belated birthday present. |
 |
| This is called the Josy clutch. I actually bought the pattern from Ithinksew.com. The pattern called for an o-ring, which I was going to skip until I looked at my button stash and found what could pass for one. I'm not sure what the ring was in an original life, but now it proudly sits on the bag strap. I used chartreuse for the lining and hot pink for the stiches. Just to make it fun. |
 |
| Recent fabric purchases. Technically, its a Christmas present - thank you mom. :) Pacific fabrics was having a clearance and I had a gift card. I've been in a turquoise, orange, and brown mood lately. If you couldn't tell. |
I have a long list of things to do that I neglected to do this weekend. I should probably get started. Back to my regular shift tonight after 2 weeks of being away from the radio.
Sanity is madness put to good uses. ~ George Santayana
Yes, sell your cards! Especially if you like making them, it won't seem like a chore!
ReplyDeleteHey! I have one of those awesome coffee sleeves pictured and also the heart card! What a lucky girl I am...
ReplyDelete