Thursday, June 9, 2011

A promise

I was reading back over old posts and just realized how negative my writing has gotten recently.  I'm sorry for that.  Apparently I only blog when tired and out of sorts and annoyed??  I don't know.  I'm not an overly negative person I don't think.  Hmmm....

So...I promise that I won't say anything remotely negative for the next 5 posts.  Even if I have to lie.  So this entry won't even mention  my second week of three 12 hour shifts or my neighbor who felt like revving his Harley outside my bedroom window for 2 hours this afternoon when I was trying to sleep.  :)

So instead, here's another "look what I made!!!"

I used this tutorial, and made a diaper bag for my retired supervisor.  His first grandchild is due this month.  Normally I don't go around spending 5 hours sewing for old supervisors, but one of my coworkers asked me to.  Plus, I get to keep the extra fabric as payment.  (Score!)  He's a big WSU fan, in case you were wondering. 



The fabric up close.  Who knew how hard it would be to find Washington State University fabric IN Washington State?  I resorted to shopping online.

There's 2 front velcro pockets and a velcro pocket on each side.  Ignore that thread.  I'm going to go cut it off right now. 

The inside is gray vinyl with several elastic pockets.  I officially hate sewing with vinyl.  This was really nice stuff and my machine hated it.  I had to resew over most of it because my machine kept dropping stitches.  I was constantly adjusting thread tension and length etc trying to find that perfect combo.  I never found it.  I think the vinyl was too thick.  AND...one of the pockets started to rip away already.  AAAAAAAAHHHHH.  I need to fix that.  Oh, and yes...I used a Starbucks mug as a prop here.  I don't have any baby bottles laying around.

The back zippered pocket

I'm making you look at the bag again....



















The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments:

Post a Comment