Tuesday, August 16, 2011

32

Thirty-two things you may or may not have known about me...

1.  I don't own a TV any more.  I watch all my TV shows on Hulu.com.  If its not on Hulu I don't watch it.  I actually liked not owning a TV until the DVD player on my computer went out.  Now the question is - buy a TV and DVD player or a new laptop?  I don't want to do either so right now my solution is I just don't watch movies. 

2.  My latest Hulu obsession is the Dead Zone.  No, its not about dead people.  It actually kind of disturbed me when I found out Anthony Michael Hall (main character in the Dead Zone) was the geeky kid from the Breakfast Club.  I have 28 more episodes of the Dead Zone to go before I've watched them all.  Then I'm going to need to find a new TV show. 

3.  I like to watch TV/movies with closed captioning.  In real life I watch people's mouths when they talk to make it easier for me to understand them.  That makes it sound like I'm going deaf.  I'm not.

4.  Internet sites I check every day:
pickyourplum.com  (awesome craft deals - kinda like groupon)
barkingdeals.com  (awesome dog stuff deals - kinda like groupon)
lovingeco.com   (super deals on "green" things like jewelry, clothing, makeup etc)  I just made my first purchase from there this week. 
oneprettything.com  (craft tutorial site)
craftgossip.com  (another craft tutorial site)

5.  Some things on my Amazon.com wishlist:
Meet me at Mike's:  26 crafty projects and things to make
Timex heart rate monitor watch
Soy-gel paint remover
Fringe Season 2

I didn't list those things for you to buy them for me.  I listed them so you know what I'm planning on buying myself. 

6.  My supervisor called me an enigma one day.  I think I'm finally able to understand what he meant. 

7.  Enigma example:  If I don't need a new one, why would I buy one?  This includes my wallet (I made for myself over 10 years ago and I'm still using the same one despite multiple holes forming in it), my car (13 years old), my iron (it was my sister's when she went off to college in 1992), and my vacuum (10 years old). 
On the other hand, I love to buy shoes.  I don't actually NEED new shoes, but I like to buy them anyway.  Granted, I'm a clearance sale/goodwill shopper, but still. 

8.  I refuse to buy cheap furniture.  No pressboard, no laminate, no fake wood.  The only thing that goes against this rule is the metal shelves my fabric is housed on, and I fished that out of the garbage, so it doesn't really count.  I didn't pay for it.

9.  I kinda want to repierce my ears.  Maybe.  I think I look funny with earrings in though.

10.  One of these days I'm going to take a vacation by myself.  Fly to Vegas or New Orleans or something.  Its on my list. 

11.  I think my endocrinologist is a jerk.  Well, jerk probably isn't the right word.  Short story, I don't like him.  Why I don't like him is a long story.

12.  I've signed up for Hell Run.  So far I have 2 people walking it with me. 

13.  My job is stressful.  Actually, not the job itself, but my position.  Sometimes I enjoy the responsibility etc, but sometimes I just want to go to work, do my job, and not have to answer questions or solve problems or try to figure out why someone doesn't know something. 

I've actually developed physical signs of stress as a result of my job:  nausea, eye twitches, stress headaches, etc.  I find it a little disturbing. 

14.  I've seen way more pictures of dead people than the average person. 

15.  My job has skewed the way I see the world.  The way I react to it as well.  I haven't decided if this is a good thing or not.  I can't really explain it either. 

16.  I have self-diagnosed myself with Shift Work Sleep Disorder.  I can't tell if this is an actual disorder or a reason for people to take uppers.  Either way, I match every single symptom.  And no, I don't take uppers.  I take coffee.  Lots and lots of coffee. 

17.  I love candy.  I can't tolerate that much of it anymore (it makes me super jittery), but I still love it.  Recently I've been liking sugary stuff more than chocolate.  Sweettarts, Starburst, Skittles, Smarties.  Yum. 

18.  I hate cooking.  There is no part about it I like.  Even eating what I cook isn't enough to get me to cook.  I'd rather just have a sandwich.

19.  I don't mind baking though:  cookies, cake, cupcakes, Atticus's biscuits etc.

20.  Speaking of food, I usually only eat one meal a day.  Not to lose weight - I'm just not hungry for more than that.

21.  I believe in ghosts.

22.  I also believe in karma.  Maybe not karma per se, but I do think that what goes around comes around.  If I didn't believe that then I dont think I could deal with mean and malicious people. 

23.  I also believe everything happens for a reason.  Good or bad.  The millions of decisions I've made these past 32 years have brought me to this point in my life, so I can't regret a single one. 

24.  I am addicted to WordFeud (its a scrabble game you can play on your phone).  If you play too, look me up.  I used to have an average of 5 games going at once.  I'm down to 1-2 now, just because I tend to be a lot busier. 

25.  When I die I want to donate my body to science. 

26.  I am really good at justifying things.  If you want a reason to buy something...just ask me.  I'll come up with lots of reasons for you.  I do the same thing with me sometimes.  I love to buy myself presents.  I do try to limit it to practical and in-expensive things (like shoes).  This is my most recent purchase.  Its off of lovingeco.com so it was cheaper than the actual website.  It should arrive this week. 

27.  I hate clowns and slimy things. 

28.  I've been listening to a lot of rap music lately.  Its embarassing to admit, so don't tell anyone. I think it stems from listening to it while I work out. 

29.  I have an eye exam appointment early next month.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to need glasses.  I'm worried I'm going to pick out unflattering ones. 

30.  I really would love to write a book of random life stories.  I just hate to write.  I need a ghost writer. 

31.  Its taken me about 3 hours of off and on typing and thinking to get this far.  Atticus has been letting off noxious flatulence for about the last hour.  I'm glad I'm almost finished.

32.  The last number should probably be something profound.  So here it is:  my underwear drawer smells like grapes.  :)

Happy birthday to me!

Literally THE most recent picture of me.  I just took it.  With an unwilling particpant on the left. 
The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left.
~ Jerry M. Wright

1 comment:

  1. Loved that list! I'm checking out the lovingeco.com website. I know a lot of people addicted to wordfued as well!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete