Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Having absolutely nothing to do

Today, for the first time in months, I had no plans.  No gym classes, no coffee dates, no doctors appointments, no need to do anything or be anywhere.  It was a little liberating.

Atticus and I ended up spending almost 2 hours at the dog park.  He is currently zonked out on the floor. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon picking blackberries and apples at my friend Grace's house.




Some of the loot
Afterwards I went to Trader Joe's for the first time.  I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about.  I mean, cool store, and it seemed to cater to people like me who don't cook, but otherwise...???  It wasn't that much cheaper and I'm going to have to supplement what I bought with stuff from another grocery store.   Maybe I'll have to go more often.  The upside is I think I have plenty of food for the next 2 weeks without going out to eat, AND while making room in my freezer for all the food I bought I found a box of Thin Mints that I forgot about.  Score!

Atticus and I went on a walk at dusk....he got his leash stuck in a bush and I insisted on laughing a little bit like a loon and taking a picture before I set him free.

The glowing eyes are a bit creepy...
A pretty darn good day, and a good way to end my weekend.

Oh, and I just watched the season finale to the Dead Zone, so maybe I can concentrate on crafty stuff now...  Lets hope!

 You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment