Saturday, January 7, 2012

First of the year Funk

I have to admit, this past week was a huge struggle for me.  Getting back into a routine, waking up at the ridiculous hour of 2am, not getting enough sleep, punishing my body for not going to the gym for 3 weeks, work stuff, personal life, etc. 

On Wednesday my body was the first to rebel - I took a nap after work, and woke up so I could hit the gym with a friend.  I tried at least.  I don't know if it was sore muscles from the past couple days or a complete lack of sleep, but I could barely move.  I hurt in every way possible.  I ended up having to cancel all my plans for the night, and just went back to sleep instead. 

On Friday I received the proverbial straw in regards to something personal, so I hit the gym for 2 1/2 hours to try and work out my frustrations and disappointment.  It worked for a bit, and I went out with a group of friends for the night. 

We hit up a billiard hall...


We all are extremely untalented at pool.  It took us 2 hours to play 3 games. 

As a side note, I am very blessed to have a group of friends that I can laugh with and talk with and just be myself with. 

This morning I woke up back in a funk, so I'm going to go fix that by watching a scary movie.  I normally hate scary movies, so we'll see how this goes.

Back to work early tomorrow morning.  At least I don't have to wake up til 4am.  Second week of dayshift....we'll see how this one goes.

Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it. ~ J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment