So....you get the short version...
I've been running. I seem to have plateau'ed (not sure this is actually a word) just past 3/4 of a mile, but I'm still running. And hating basically every minute of it. My leg goes through good and bad phases...it was good for awhile and didn't hurt while running, but last night started back up again. I'm looking for a pattern.
Work has been work. Its a lot of work. I've been dealing with a wretched and evil coworker who wants everyone to be as miserable as her. I word vomited for about 30 minutes to both my supervisors together last week about it. I get a trainee back in 3 weeks after he's done academy training. That's going to be a lot of work. Somewhere in all of that I have to create 5 trainings.
I had an energy guy here this week. And I've been dealing with my landlord and his brother...which is another long blog post for another day. The energy guy took me aside and told me his unofficial opinion is this house needs insulated. I'm still bugging my landlord for new heating elements. According to my landlord's brother, they will be putting more insulation in the attic. We shall see.
I've also been cooking. I can't remember if I mentioned this before. Its one of my goals for this year (not a "resolution". A goal. To eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats, and stop eating so much processed food). This required the aquirement of $75 worth of spices (something other than salt, pepper, and garlic - which was my previous spice rack). Its been interesting. Not sure its totally worth it some days. Sometimes things come out delicious...other times, not so good.
Well...its time for my shower and for the start of my day. *weak cheer*
| Spices are so cool looking. |
| Roasted spiced chick peas. Delicious the first night. Gag-worthy after sitting around for a day. |
| Still a fan of baking. Strawberry cake cookies. With bear sprinkles. MMMMMM..... |
The easier it is to do, the harder it is to change. ~ Eng's Principle

We never become good at something without hard work. Most days, I really don't want to hear that. Keep plugging away!
ReplyDeleteHere's a quote from one of my pastors that I remind myself of often...
"You never drift into competency." Pastor Brian Rice
I love all of your quotes, by the way!