Sunday, January 22, 2012

A first time for everything

I cooked. 

Yes, thats right.

I know you're thinking "umm...that can't be the first time Alicia's cooked".  Well, its not.  But it IS the first time I actually favored cooking fresh chicken and vegetables over making the absolutely delicious Trader Joe's pizza I have in the freezer.

Now, I know when you look at the picture you will probably think "yes...that looks like something Alicia might have cooked"...but in my defense...#1.  thats cheese.  #2. I took the picture on my phone.  #3.  The brown-looking chicken is only that color because I used brown sugar to cook it in.  #4.  There actually is color to the vegetables (for example, red skinned potatoes and green zucchini) it just all disappeared under the influence of cheese and a poor quality photo. 

Despite how it looks, it was delicious...and, not too bad health wise.  I know I keep saying "cheese!" (in fact, all I could hear replaying in my head all night has been "Cheese, George, Cheese!!!"), but apparently a little goes a long way and there's actually very little on there. 


In other news, the snow is gone.  Replaced instead by heavy rain, extremely gusty wind, occasional power outages, and the overwhelming desire to stay inside with the covers over my head. 

In fact, I'm currently in bed while writing this, as my bedtime is 8pm (okay, so I'm a little bit past that) now that I'm a part of the land of the living (aka dayshift).  So, soon, I will get to pull the covers over my head as I listen to the overgrown bushes scratch at my bedroom window.

*mentally adding hedge trimmers to my growing list*

My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?
~ Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment