Saturday, November 24, 2012

Feast

Today, I literally spent all day food shopping and cooking.

I don't have a lot of pictures of my feast, but here's a few...

The start of a tasty treat...raw almonds, hemp seed, flax seed, & chia seed...

...into a completely delicious nut butter.  A little thick for butter (I don't have a vitamix), but still yum.

Pulled BBQ chicken on homemade pretzel rolls.  The rolls are nowhere near what they should be, but still pretty good.  

I also made bacon & bean dip and butternut squash gnocchi.  The dip is super good, but the gnocchi is only so-so.  Very bland.  I might end up serving it to Atticus, as he has not had a problem eating it.

If you want the recipes, or to know what the above things SHOULD look like, click on the links!  

Ran out of time, so I'll have to hold off on my zucchini brownies til tomorrow.

Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.
~ Pema Chodron

No comments:

Post a Comment