Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful 10

So today was the first of a string of winter storms the PNW is supposed to experience.  I had to drive to the Academy today - an hour south before dawn, and drive back home, an hour right at dusk, in the worst rain I've ever experienced here.  Imagine me, hunched over the steering wheel, my face as close as possible to the windshield, desperately trying to find the fog line (the white line to the right side of the road), and silently imploring the person in front of me to slow down so I could keep up with them and use their taillights as a beacon.  It was horrendous.  By the time I got home tonight, I had a stress headache *this big*.  Oi!!!

If you don't believe me, look at this article (I passed those news trucks on the way home!).

But I have much to be thankful for.

Number one:  I'm thankful my boy is okay.

Number two:  I'm thankful for food:

Lazy overnight cheesy bread....fresh out of the oven.  Can't wait to cut into it!!!
Number three:  I'm thankful the rain has stopped (for now!)

Number four:  I'm thankful I can support good causes.  (This week's purchases go towards the National Autism Association).

Number five:  I'm thankful that my work day is finally over, and I'm home, relaxing with my dog, and able to take some silly pictures.  Enjoy!






P.s.  An update on the selflessness project.  I'm glad I was able to contribute!

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
~ Dr Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment