Sunday, November 25, 2012

Here's one for you

So, I was on my way to the gym, and I had to stop and get gas.  So, there I was, sneakers, stretchy pants, sweatshirt, and hand-made tshirt hat (its cold here!), at the gas station.  I've been accused before of looking like a hobo with that type of outfit on, but whatever.  Anyways, I've been having problems with my debit card recently, namely that the strip is bad and card readers take several swipes to read it.  I had already locked myself out of the pay-at-the-pump once, and it was threatening to do it again.  I had just gotten finished making idle threats to the card-reader (which finally worked!) when I heard someone ask, "Where did you get your hat?"

After looking around and determining that the man across the way was talking to me, I answered, "I made it."

He made a face, somewhere between "it looks homemade", and "huh".  He only nodded.

I asked him, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"  I was curious.  Sue me.

He made another face, kinda like ehhhh.  He replied, "it could be a good thing".

I nodded my head in acknowledgement.

But then he added, "If you're a little eccentric."

I stared at him, Mr. everything-I'm-wearing-is-coordinated-and-looks-like-I-just-got-done-hitting-18-holes-of-golf, driving a late model Acura which probably cost more than my college education, and thought, "Eccentric, indeed."

Thanks to my niece, I will have a Christmas tree this year!!!

Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of a witness.
~ Margaret Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment