Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful 12

You know someone is very short when she takes one look at you and tells you you're plenty tall enough to change a light bulb for her.  Thus starts the first encounter with my elderly across the street diagonally neighbor.  The middle of the story has me reaching through a year's worth of dead bugs, spiders, and cobwebs and changing an outdoor security light for her in full darkness.  The story ends with her stuffing $10 down the front of my sweatshirt like I'm a Vegas showgirl after I refused it from her several times.

I had a pretty good day today.  After working 4 hours of overtime this morning at 2am, and my 5 hour nap when I came home, I hung around the house, cleaning, doing laundry, and decorating a little for the holidays.

So, between the good day, the hilarious encounter with my neighbor, and the cozy feel of my living room right now, I'm pretty stinking content.

So right now?  I'm thankful for the spirit of the holidays, the spirit of being thankful, and the spirit of home.

I hope you all feel as happy and content as I feel at this moment in time.


You have to go wholeheartedly into anything in order to achieve anything worth having.
~ Frank Lloyd Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment