Monday, February 11, 2013

This is what happens when I have hours to kill between gym classes...

So, I'm going to bore you to death with details of my shopping expeditions today.  Mainly  because I"m trying to kill time....I need to take a shower because I smell like sweat and grossness, but in my haste to do a quick clean-up when coming home I ran the dishwasher.  Whoops....now I gotta wait for it to run its course so I don't get stuck with a freezing cold shower.

Anyways, I had a couple hours to kill between taking some gym classes today - partially poor planning, partially the fact that if I go home, I can't leave again because Atticus gets mad.  Yes, my dog runs my life.  I know it.

So, Central Market is the local place to buy everything imaginable.  It's a lot of local products, and they cater to every kind of diet out there.  I've been there countless times, I've wandered the aisles in a daze, and each time I go I find new and cool things.  And very expensive things.  Very very expensive things.

Like this chai.  I'm excited to try it.  It's going to be a work treat.

I have searched the entire ethnic section of Central Market several times over, each time unable to locate tahini.  I even googled "where to find tahini at the grocery store", and each time they said the ethnic section.  I finally asked.  It was with the peanut butter.  Yeah, no wonder I never found it, I never actually go to that section.

I bought these for work.  Long story.  Jonathan, hopefully these fit my healthy requirement!

The veganstoner, who has one of my favorite recipe sites, mentions this in a lot of his recipes.  I never knew what it was, and was never interested enough to research it.  Tonight while I was looking over the 30 different kinds of flour, I found it!  Now I'll have to go back and find some recipes that take TVP.  
After Central Market, I had more time to kill, so I headed over to goodwill.  There, among all the plates and cups and saucers, was an entire HUGE set of midnight sun.  After looking them over, I discovered a couple things....#1 - the pricers at goodwill set aside two sets of regular bowls and didn't include them with the other sets.  #2 - the rest of the stonewear was divided into 2 large sets - 24 & 28 pieces.  The 24 piece set was labeled $24.99 for the set.  The 28 piece set had no price.  I had every single piece in both sets, except for set #2, the unpriced one...it had 2 sets of bowls that I didn't have.  I would swear I looked over each piece in that set and couldn't find a price.  So, I asked an employee, who brought over the manager.  I explained I just wanted these two sets of bowls (not the ones that were over in another section), and while I would pay for the whole set, I just really wanted the bowls.  She ended up looking for a price tag as well, and couldn't find one.  So, she sold me the bowl sets for $3.99 each set.....


Wide brimmed very shallow soup bowls (i'm assuming)

I should have taken a pic of these next to something else.  These are big serving size bowls.
looking these up on pfaltzgraff.com, I think the top bowls are "rim soup bowls", and retail for about $9.99 a bowl.  The second set I *THINK* are pasta bowls,which retail for about $11.99 a bowl.

Ironically, when I got home and was loading the bowls into the dishwasher, I found the price tag on the very bottom bowl.  $24.99 for the set.  I don't feel bad.  Not one bit.  I don't need any more large plates, small plates, mugs, regular bowls, etc etc, but I think I want to go back in a few weeks to see if they're still there.

I also got these brand new shiny shoes.  Mom - remember at top drawer I got those blue slip-on shoes and I was telling you about the brand "BC Shoes".  These are also BC shoes!!!
 In other news...

The shirts I made for the 3 year old.  The color is off due to the flash, but I think they're pretty fun.


Received in the mail today.  I'M OFFICIAL!!!
Hoping tomorrow to cook a bunch, including making vegan cream cheese!

Do your little bit of good where you are.  It's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.
~ Desmond Tutu

2 comments: