Monday, February 25, 2013

Here's some pics to tide you over...

I haven't felt much like blogging lately.  I don't take pictures of much.  And if I do, I instagram them, share them on Facebook, and then say, why would I post them to my blog as well???  BORING.  

Anyways, just a couple things.  I've been trying to go out of my comfort zone.  Trying new things.  Its uncomfortable and weird and icky and occasionally cool.  For example, I met an east-coast couple (the dude is from Lancaster, PA!!!) in a coffee shop randomly, and gave them my number.  They live in Seattle, but I hope they call me up one day if they're on this side.  And if they don't?  I'm okay with that.   

My work schedule is ugly.  Everyone who has heard about it who I don't work with asks if my boss hates me.  It's that ugly.  Graveyard last week, two dayshifts and 3 graveyards this week, traveling on both my dayshifts, then next week is dayshift, then swingshift, and then I think I might finally be back on graveyards for awhile.  Either way, my body is rebelling and doesn't know what to do half the time.

Today I cooked some butternut squash.  Fancy like.  Although I didn't completely follow this recipe...  It was okay.  I prefer my squash roasted with salt.

And I made some Date Syrup.  To replace honey or agave.  Haven't used it yet.  Smells sugary.  
I also made some flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  Just cause they're flourless doesn't make them healthy though.  Using peanut butter as the main ingredient DOES make them delicious.

 I've been trying to go through all my frozen foods and pantry items (i.e. squash out the kazoo!) instead of buying stuff from the grocery store.  Its only half working.  There's only 10-15 ways to make a squash until you get really really really tired of squash.  Or at least the prep work.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can make some vegan-like hamburger barbecue using TVP.  Just gotta go buy some ingredients.

Raked more leaves today.  In the heavy wind.  FAIL.  Can you see Atticus???
Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.
~ Margaret Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment