Monday, July 8, 2013

Oh Summer

This summer is so different from summer last year.  Last summer I was doing stuff every weekend, going places, having fun.  I had 3 day weekends.  This summer I'm working 5 days a week on the graveyard shift, working a ton of overtime, so when I finally do have 2 days off I'm so grouchy I want everyone to go away.  Just keeping up on yard work is enough to keep me homebound once a week or so.  I am trying to be out in the sunshine as much as possible, so that means I've had to skip other areas - like the gym, or sleep.  

I am enjoying this summer - enjoying the weather, time with my dog, time alone, etc.  It's just so different.

Despite my weekend hermit-ness, during the week I'm forced to be social.  Yesterday, I reconnected with an old friend.  It was really nice.  Sometimes I really miss talking to people I've known for years who actually "get" me.  Not just think they do.  Oh, and I got an invite to go crabbing this coming weekend.  So, we'll see.  

I literally gained 3 pounds this past weekend.  Not 3 pounds of water weight shed the next day.  3 pounds of stubbornness that came from overindulging.  At the time though, I needed to overindulge and thought it would be worth it.  Oi.  But for me this means loss of sleep and off to the gym so I can get in some cardio before ab class.  


Perhaps I shall rename summer of 2013 "The summer of Atticus".  I know he wouldn't have any complaints.

Surrender to what is.
Let go of what was.
Have faith in what will be.
~ Sonia Ricotti

No comments:

Post a Comment