Started my day off at the Kitsap Pride festival. It was a great people-watching venue. I also met my friend Virginia's parents, who were visiting from Alaska.
They invited me out to lunch, where we had Korean BBQ. I've never eaten Korean before. Virginia's parents are world travelers, and I was educated on (many things, including) the Korean food experience.
![]() |
| Appetizers. Dad - I had Kimchi!! The spinach in the lower right was my favorite. |
![]() |
| I can't remember what this was, other than meat served on a hot cow plate. |
This evening I went to visit my friend Kristen. She and her husband just bought an awesome house (20 minutes closer to me than before!) that includes over 5 acres and 150 feet of shoreline. The trek down to the water was a little hairy - the trail was a steep incline and was completely overgrown. I was also not dressed for the occasion: in shorts and slip-on shoes.
Anyways, I made acquaintances with the stinging nettle. It got on both my knees, my left ring finger (random!), and the underside of my right forearm. I guess it's not so bad - it's like a low-level burning (like when you first scrape your knee on the sidewalk), only it doesn't go away. Actually, I take that back - I'm on about hour 5 and it's actually really really irritating. Supposedly it'll go away eventually.
![]() |
| The trek was totally worth it. Look at this view. Between the land on the left and right is West Seattle. It shows up in person, just not in the picture. |
We took a walk down the beach. The neighbors are few and far between.
![]() |
| The freaky looking barnacle encrusted crab shell. Made me laugh. |
![]() |
| Kristen's neighbor has a mansion and puts on weddings. We spied on this wedding through the trees. |
![]() |
| I wish this had turned out. Mt Rainier was in the distance. |
~ Karen von Blixen-Finecke








Oh, love, love, love. Korean BBQ is one of my favorites.
ReplyDelete