Every day I must:
Make something
Pick something up
Clean something
So while I actually need my whole apartment vacuumed, dusted, floor mopped, Christmas-decoration-picked up, bath-bleaching cleaned, I know that taking on that task, while having a list of 50 other things to do will only increase the over-whelming desire to go back to bed. So, I pick little things, things that are almost too embarassing to admit that I "count". But its worked. While I'm still not ready to get my Christmas tubs back out of storage, I'm making headway.
Today my "make something" includes egg salad and pasta salad. No, I don't normally actually make those things or survive on any type of salads, that just happens to be what I have ingredients for.
Earlier this week, my "make something" includes:
| A "fancy" (maybe???) Barbie dress for my niece's birthday. Which, has already passed. *hangs head* |
| Another fancy satin dress. Only this time I didn't care what the background of the picture looked like. |
For the white Barbie dress, I was experimenting with natural light and flash and zoom, exposure, etc etc etc. What a pain. Its just easier to take mediocre pictures and not care.
This is what Atticus thinks of me focusing my camera on something other than him:
:)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. ~Mark Twain

I think today's post was meant for me!!!!! The dresses are beautiful!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe self-imposed rules really do work - and can be so varied. As I always say - it's the doing of them.
The Mark Twain quote is priceless - I have a friend!!!!!!