Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Saturday's cycle

I started a cycle of cleaning today.  Not on purpose, mind you.  But it went a little something like this...

Woke up early. 

Sun shining.

Felt guilty for Atticus's lack of exercise.

Went to the dog park (got to wear my new rain boots - they came in handy in all the mud!)

Atticus, typically, got covered in mud and other dog slime.

Came home.

Gave Atticus a bath.

The bathtub is now dirty, and I used the last of the dog towels.  There's also bathwater covering most of the bathroom (Never turn your back on a wet dog).

Dog towels into the washing machine.

Bleaching the bath tub.

Now I HAVE to clean up the rest of the bathroom.  Otherwise it's going to permanently smell like wet dog.

No place to put the clean dog-towel laundry (cause I never cleaned out my laundry basket from the last 6 loads I did...haha...whoops).

Go to put towels on my bed, but realize I should probably wash my blanket first. 

New load of laundry....

And so it goes. 

A rare sunny January day....

















In other news, my doctor thinks my thyroid treatment I got over a year ago has finally worked due to symptoms I've been having.  I should know by Friday the results of my blood test.  Never have I ever wished for a new disease before in my life - it'd be nice to have an explanation for all this crap I'm dealing with.  Yes, that is the medical terminology for it all:  crap.

Okay, break's over.  Back to cleaning....

Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. ~ Lao Tzu

2 comments:

  1. I love the cleaning schedule. sounds like many of my days... minus the wet dog smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote reminds me of the one that's been on the fridge for ages ~ "Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it."
    --Francois de la Rochefoucauld

    ReplyDelete