I used:
Black matte fabric paint
A set of old metal letter stencils
A foam brush
Small piece of burlap (yes, I'm about a year or so behind in the burlap phase everyone else seemed to be in)
Figure out what you want to write. I have a birthday coming up, and I wanted something along those lines.
Then start stenciling! Make sure you hold your stencil down. And dont use too much paint. Otherwise, you'll get some blobby nonsense under your stencil.
Cute!
When finished, my sign looked something like this:
After setting the paint (ironing it with another layer of cloth between the paint and the iron), I created a hem and threaded it with a stiff piece of leather cording.
Oh, and hung it up on my mantle...
My friend Sarah is coming tomorrow!!!
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." ~ Larry Lorenzoni

I think you are one of the most creative people I know!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you guys have a ton of fun!
ReplyDelete