Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The past several days

Sunday night...

Went to Shari's to "study" for my interview.  Was distracted by this cute picture.  I had to contort in a weird way and turn off all the sound on my phone to get it, and keep them from thinking I was taking it.  I couldn't do anything about the sun, but in a way, I think it works...it keeps anonymity.

Two old ladies at Sharis eating sundaes. 























Monday...

Interviewed.

Went on a Pacific Fabrics Shopping Spree...I call it fabric love....



Here's a close-up of a fabric I'm planning to use for my niece's present.  Yes, her birthday was over a week ago, and yes, I'm just now buying fabrics.  But in my defense, creativity and genius take time.  (ha!)

Monday night...

Made the following biscuits for the first time...

Sweet & Savory Biscuits (see recipe, below)























Atticus likes them!

***********************************************

SWEET AND SAVORY BISCUITS:

2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, plus extra for rolling
1 cup barley flour (I used regular ole white flour for this one)
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses (I used regular molasses - you can also use honey)
1 egg
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon safflower oil
3 (2.5 oz) jars of meat-only baby food

In large bowl combine flours, bran and salt.  In food processor (I use a blender) combine the rest of the ingredients.  Puree into a liquid and add to the dry mixture.  Stir with a spoon, then knead with your hands to incorporate all the flour (I didn't have to do this part - I actually added more flour when rolling out because it was very sticky).  Turn out onto a floured surface.  Sprinkle more flour on top of the dough and roll to 1/2 inch thickness.  Cut into desired shape.  Place on baking sheat covered with greased or non-stick foil (I skip that and just grease my cookie sheet.  I have no idea if that makes a difference).

Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees, or until browned.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

***********************************************

Tuesday...

Dog park








































I finally have proof that I'm spoiling Atticus with his treats.  Another dog owner tried to feed him a store bought treat and he wanted nothing to do with it.  Outwardly, I apologized to the lady and explained he must be too busy playing.  Inwardly, I chuckled a little. 

Got a phone call while at the dog park.

While I'm not allowed to tell you the outcome of that phone call, I am having this..

IN CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!

Going to the movies tonight. 

Feeling pretty good!

Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

2 comments:

  1. So many comments to make . . . you're getting artsy with your photography :-)!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!! and thanks for the phone call. Definitely a celebration!!!!!!! The dog biscuits sounds like a "people" recipe to me. I love the fabric. And oh yes, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear the news.... Love hearing about your week.

    ReplyDelete