Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Outside the zone

I made another step outside my comfort zone this week and took my very first Zumba class on Monday.  Granted, I went with 3 very supportive girl friends so its not like I went by myself, but still.  This is like my first official exercising in like 10 years. 

It turns out I have 2 left feet, no sense of rhythm, and am terribly out of shape.  But I had so much FUN.  What was not fun was completing my 10 hour shift at work afterwards.  I could not get comfortable on my chair.  And I was so completely exhausted all I could think about was sleep.  But I made it....

And went back to Zumba today (Wednesday).  Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.  I thought all my aches and pains were gone.  Turns out they were just hiding...waiting for me to exercise again.  I couldn't do the dancing with as much enthuasiasm as Monday (seeing as I couldn't jump, and could barely lift my legs after about 15 minutes), BUT....I did it.  Which right now is the most important. 

Going back again on Monday?  You betcha. 

My  new kicks.  Oh, and I'm probably one of the few people in the world who doesn't own a single pair of white socks.  Today was a polka-dotted day!

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~ A.A. Milne

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! I need some serious motivation to exercise again...

    ReplyDelete