Saturday, March 26, 2011

The last day

One more work day before my vacation starts.  One more long 12 hour shift. 

I've had a tough couple weeks.  I'm still convinced something is wrong with me - I am always tired.  Even when I sleep 8 hours, I wake up ready to take a nap.  My motivation went back down to nil.  I've been out and about doing a lot of social things like coffee dates and zumba and going-away parties and birthday parties and baby showers and still....I feel like I'm just going through the motions of living.  Its weird.

I'm pretty sure my job is partially to blame.  Its hard to stay positive in a position in which people are constantly trying to break your spirit.  I had a small unprofessional breakdown last week which my supervisor happened to witness....only cause it was aimed at him.  Whoops.  I still feel a little bad about that.  Not what I said, but the fact that I couldn't bottle up my frustration anymore. 

So job stress leaks into personal life.  And then personal life has this black cloud hovering over everything. 

Oi.  So negative.  Not usually like me. 

And its funny - when I look back, I've had a lot of good happen to me recently.  I'm building new friendships, I've gotten a lot of compliments from people on various things - both professional and personal, I'm trying new things, etc etc etc.  Even Atticus seems to be taking everything in stride.

I really need a vacation. 

I like this picture...not sure why.  Its a little depressing. 






















"You're going to catch a cold
from the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all."
~ Christina Perri

1 comment:

  1. Did you see Katie Conner singing that song? she sounded good. Hope your vacation is beyond wonderful. don't lose all your dough!

    ReplyDelete