Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy birthday Jason!

Today has been one of those recharge days.  Originally it was meant to be a change-from-graveyard-to-dayshift-sleep-pattern-so-I-can-wake-up-early-tomorrow type of days, but after I immediately fell asleep after sitting down in my comfy chair this morning (I HAD meant to stay up for several more hours), the original plan kinda fell apart.

So instead, I actually got some sleep, and after waking have been lazing around in my PJs, drinking coffee and catching up on internet world instead.  Also have been having long texting conversations and am currently up to 5 concurrent WordFeud games.  My phone beeps about once every minute.  Until about a minute ago, Atticus was snoring beside me, making best use of his time as well.





I should probably be doing something more constructive, like washing the mound of dishes in the sink, making dinner, or trying to find the waiver for Hell Run tomorrow, but lately I've found I just need to chill out more often:  stop thinking, stop doing, and just relax and enjoy the moment. 

*deep sigh*

Moment is just about over...I'm out of coffee and I'm hungry.

But back to the original title of this post.  What I didn't put was "extremely belated' in there, but you've come to expect that from me this year, so I figure it would be redundant to put that in there.

I was inspired by this tutorial, but I tried to make it a little bit more manly.  Tried.  Oh, and I lined it...



A fun winter hat!!!

Made of old tshirts and exposed seamery....

See?   :)

Lined with blue fleece that reminds me of cookie monster's fur....


Modeled by someone with a decidedly smaller head...

How could I forget the card?
Just in case you were wondering, my brother in law did ask for a winter hat.  He just didn't give any specifications other than his head size. 

Happy super belated birthday, Jason!

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~ Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see him wear it!!!!
    Love it!!!!!
    H-m-m-m Topsail Island . . . soon there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He says it's really warm! And he looks totally hot in it of course!

    ReplyDelete